2 December 2021
As part of the Government’s Traffic Light System, NorthWest Shopping Centre will move to the Red setting from 9am Friday 3 December 2021.
My Vaccine Pass is the official record of a person’s COVID-19 vaccination status for use in New Zealand.
In line with Government guidelines, a Vaccine Pass is not required to access essential services such as supermarkets and chemists. As these services are located within our Centre, it’s important to note that customers do not need to show their My Vaccine Pass just to enter the centre.
However, individual close-contact business that are required to, will scan the QR code on the My Vaccine Pass with the verifier app. This app will confirm your vaccination status to the business. Businesses may also ask you to show ID to match it with the pass. Please note: Businesses cannot accept a purple vaccination card or vaccination confirmation letter as proof of a customer’s vaccination status.
WHAT STORES ARE OPEN?
In the red setting, we expect all stores, restaurants and cafes, close contact business and our gym to be operating at NorthWest Shopping Centre.
The only thing that is different is the way in which each store operates, which will depend on what kind of business they are.
General retail such as clothing, footwear, books, stationery, banks and finance, electronics, homeware, and jewellery are not required to see your My Vaccine Pass.
However, if a store at NorthWest opts to require these before entering their store, then they will need to verify your My Vaccine Pass. There will be clear signage displayed on the entry of any business to advise you if this is the case.
CLOSE CONTACT BUSINESSES AND GYMS
In the Red setting, close contact businesses such as beauticians, massage, nails salons, hairdressers and our gym can operate and serve customers who have their My Vaccine Pass only. Appointment bookings are preferred but walk in’s may also be accepted.
If Vaccine Passes are not used, then the business will not able to operate.
RESTAURANTS AND CAFES
In the Red setting, restaurants and cafes can have up to 100 customers with 1 metre physical distancing – only as long as Vaccine Passes are used.
If Vaccine Passes are not used, then these businesses can offer contactless pick up or takeaway only.
In the red light setting, the Foodcourt will be open for takeaways as usual. Seating in the Foodcourt will be set at no more than 100 seats based on more than 2-metre distancing between tables. Everyone is welcome to dine in the Foodcourt, which is a common-mall area.
CHILDREN’S PLAY AREA AND COMFORT SEATING
Our kids play area will still be closed, but comfort seating is back. We ask customers to always maintain 1 metre physical distancing.
WHAT WE’RE DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
When it comes to the health of our customers, we will continue to follow the advice of the New Zealand health authorities.
- We will be applying the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene with a particular focus on high traffic areas and comfort seating.
- In addition, hand sanitising units will be installed in high touch point areas such as entry points and the foodcourt.
- Our stores will manage the number of customers within their premises to operate safely under the Red setting requirements.
- Equipment such as prams, wheelchairs and motorised scooters will be available for hire and wiped down between use.
- Signage will be installed throughout the Centre reminding our customers to keep a safe distance from others. The advice is 1-metre distance within the centre and again within stores.
- Government advice states you legally must wear a face covering at all times unless you have an exemption. This includes shopping malls, retail stores, supermarkets, pharmacy, banks, cafes, restaurants and any other food or drink business.
- Please remember if you do visit the Centre, wear a mask, practise safe distancing, and scan the NZ COVID Tracer app every time you enter each store. If you are feeling unwell, please stay at home.
Please bear with us as information may change and we will endeavour to keep our community updated. For the latest updates continue checking this page or follow us on Facebook.
As we navigate through these changing times together, we thank you for your patience and understanding.
Be kind. Stay safe. We look forward to seeing you soon
-The Team at NorthWest Shopping Centre