The perfect gift idea for those ‘hard to buy for’ loved ones and a range of options available to suit any budget. Choose to add any amount over $10, with the Gift Cards being valid for 12 months.
NorthWest Shopping Centre Gift Cards can be purchased 7 days a week from the Customer Service Kiosk (located between Pascoes and Walker & Hall in the centre of NorthWest) using cash, EFTPOS and credit cards (Visa and MasterCard).
Can’t make it in? Want it to be sent to an address as a gift? You can also purchase a gift card online here.
Click here to check the balance of your NorthWest Gift Card.
Gift Card FAQ
Where can I use my NorthWest Shopping Centre Gift Card?
NorthWest Shopping Centre Gift Card is exclusive to NorthWest Shopping Centre and may be used at any participating retailers, including Town Square restaurants, with the exception of Kiosks operated by third parties, Countdown and offices.
Does my Gift Card expire?
NorthWest Shopping Centre Gift Cards expire 12 months from the date of purchase.
Can I add more money to a NorthWest Shopping Centre Gift Card?
No. NorthWest Shopping Centre Gift Cards can only be loaded once at the time of purchase.
hoW do I Use the Gift card at a retailer?
Simply swipe the Gift Card, select the ‘Credit’ option and then press enter.
Can I get my money refunded?
No. NorthWest Shopping Centre Gift Cards are not refundable and should be treated as cash.
Who can access information about the Gift Card online?
Only the Cardholder can access information online. Click here to check your Gift Card balance.
Who do I contact if I have a problem?
If you have any problems, please phone 0508 NORTHWEST, email [email protected] or visit the Customer Service Desk.
NorthWest Shopping Centre Gift Card Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions of use of gift card
- The purchase or use of a NorthWest Shopping Centre Gift Card constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Any other person who uses your Gift Card will also be bound by these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are governed by New Zealand law.
- These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time by uploading the revised terms and conditions to the website at northwestshoppingcentre.co.nz (Website) or at the Customer Service Kiosks located in the NorthWest Shopping Centre. The changes shall be applicable from the date they are uploaded to the Website or displayed at the Customer Service Kiosks.
- NorthWest Shopping Centre Gift Cards are exclusive to the NorthWest Shopping Centre and may be used at any participating retailers as detailed on the Website. The participating retailers may vary from time to time.
- You can load Gift Cards with any amount between $10 and $1,000. You are responsible for checking that the value loaded onto your Gift Card is correct at the time of purchase. You may not purchase additional credit to be added onto the Gift Card, you must purchase a new Gift Card.
Gift card expiry date
- Your Gift Card will expire 12 months from the date of purchase. Any unused balance as at the expiry date will be forfeited and cannot be refunded to the Gift Card holder or original purchaser of the Gift Card or transferred to another Gift Card.
- You can check the balance and expiry date of your Gift Card on the Website or at a NorthWest Shopping Centre Customer Service Kiosk.
Redeeming gift card
- You may not redeem Gift Cards for cash.
- Gift Cards are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Participating retailers may reserve the right to refuse to accept a gift card in payment or part payment of any item where it reasonably suspects the card or any amount on it may have been stolen or obtained in any other illegal way.
Lost, stolen or faulty gift cards
- Please treat your Gift Card like cash. Keep your Gift Card in a safe place. NorthWest Shopping Centre will not replace lost or stolen cards.
- NorthWest Shopping Centre is not liable to replace or reimburse you for any funds on lost or stolen Gift Cards that have been used for unauthorised transactions.
- You must not interfere with the magnetic strip or barcode on your Gift Card or in any other way deface, alter or tamper with your Gift Card as this will void your Gift Card and your Gift Card will not be replaced or reissued.
- In the event that the Gift Card is defective, you will need to attend a NorthWest Shopping Centre Customer Service Kiosk with appropriate identification (for example, driver’s licence, passport).
- The NorthWest Shopping Centre management team will replace a faulty Gift Card and reissue a replacement gift card with any balance remaining from the faulty Gift Card at the time of replacement. The NorthWest Shopping Centre management team has the sole discretion to determine whether a Gift Card is faulty. The expiry date on any replacement card will remain the same as the original expiry date. A replacement gift card will not be issued for a faulty Gift Card which has expired.
- If you think there has been an error in a transaction involving your Gift Card (for example where too much has been deducted from the value of the Gift Card for a purchase), you should contact the retailer where the error was made for rectification.
- NorthWest Shopping Centre reserves the right to suspend your Gift Card if you report that your Gift Card has been lost or stolen or we have reasonable grounds to believe you have used your Gift Card in a way that is fraudulent or contrary to these terms and conditions or any applicable laws.
Returning items purchased using gift card
- If you wish to return any goods purchased using your Gift Card, you must return them to the store where such goods were purchased. It is not possible to reimburse funds to your Gift Card. The retailer from where you originally purchased the goods is responsible for providing a refund or store credit for goods or services, subject to the terms and conditions under which the original purchase was made, and your rights and the participating retailer’s obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- NorthWest Shopping Centre may cancel any Gift Card, or the Gift Card programme, for any reason, at any time and without notice. If a Gift Card is cancelled for reasons other than a breach of these terms and conditions or any applicable law, NorthWest Shopping Centre will refund or replace with an alternative Gift Card the balance on valid Gift Cards to the holder on presentation of the Gift Card at a NorthWest Shopping Centre Customer Service Kiosk.
- The Gift Card cannot be used for purchasing products online from participating retailers.
- NorthWest Shopping Centre is not liable for the availability, quality or fitness for purpose of any goods or services purchased with the Gift Card. If you have a dispute about goods or services you have purchased using a Gift Card you must resolve the dispute with the participating retailer from where you purchased the goods or services.
- To the extent permitted by law, NorthWest Shopping Centre will not be liable to you for any consequential loss or damage that may arise as a result of a breach of these terms and conditions, including but not limited to, any liability in connection with any goods or services purchased by the redemption of your Gift Card.
- The Gift Card remains the property of NorthWest Shopping Centre. The Gift Card may not be copied or reproduced in any circumstances.