About the business and the role
We need an awesome Duty Manager for our busy cafe in NorthWest Shopping Centre, Massey. The duty manager will run shifts when the owners are not present, and will also at times work alongside the owners.
If you’re keen to work in a great team environment, in a fresh new workplace, then please contact us now!
Job tasks and responsibilities
As well as the usual wait staff and bar staff duties of providing excellent customer service, taking orders, making drinks, and operating the till, the duty manager will also have the following responsibilities;
- Running a shift when required which involves ensuring that all floor staff perform tasks as required;
- Training and coaching of team members, including up-selling and sales techniques;
- Providing daily shift briefings, maintaining high level of communication with direct reports;
- Ensuring that the conditions of the liquor license are met by the establishment and all staff members while acting duty manager;
- Opening and closing the cafe including investigation and resolution of cash variances;
- Ordering stock, assisting with stock control and managing beverage costs;
- Ensuring customer satisfaction, inviting customers to return;
- Dealing with customer complaints in a professional manner;
- Maintaining a high standard of personal presentation;
- Maintaining a high standard of restaurant presentation;
- Maintaining clear lines of communication with the kitchen
Skills and experience
The successful applicant will need to have great organisational skills and be able to build relationships with customers. They will be able to build rapport with staff, train and lead by example. They will also need to have excellent communication skills with customers, team and owners.
Barista experience is preferred. We serve Allpress, and Allpress training and experience will be an advantage, but is not essential.
The successful applicant will be flexible and able to work any day (5 days across a 7 day roster). Availability on weekends is essential.
Applicants must have a current Manager’s Certificate.
Job benefits and perks
Enjoy the added perks of a free meal per shift, as well as working within a friendly shopping centre.
Please send CVs to [email protected]